*Comparisons and Reviews

Monday 27 March 2017

Ren Flash Rinse One Minute Facial Vit C



I do enjoy a bit of Ren. They have way too many products (imo) but everything I've tried I liked! This little Vit C mask is no exception. I got this sample of 20ml in their radiance set (John Lewis was selling those half price a while ago, it was a no brainer impulse buy) and it has lasted me a good few months, however I have been using this only once, not three times a week as suggested. Imagine how long the full 75ml will last!  

Ingredients:
Coconut alkanes, ascorbic acid, coco-caprylate/ caprate, silica, sodium cocoyl glutamate, mannitol, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) flower oil, yeast extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, boswellia carterii oil, boswellia serrata extract, azulene, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, glycogen, daucus carota sativa (carrot) root extract, daucus carota sativa (carrot) seed oil, beta-carotene, ascorbyl palmitate, limonene

Okay, so this is a 1 minute mask. After cleansing you apply it all over the face, dampen your fingers and massage for one minute. The water on your fingertips activates the vit C and after one minute you rinse your face clean. 

The actual mask is bluish green and grainy. The grainy texture disappears in contact with water. It smells what I imagine vit C to smell, a bit lemony and a bit like iron...
The skin tingles and gets pink but calms down  as soon as you rinse the face. My skin is a bit dry and it feels a bit tight so I usually rush to apply something hydrating straight afterwards.

This is great if you're looking for something instant for a dull and lacklustre skin, unless your skin is super dry and sensitive. I haven't noticed the mask having any longer term effect on the skin, but every little bit helps, eh? 

Vit C is very much THE ingredient in skincare these days, the market is exploding! I am currently using Emma Hardie's Vit C moisturiser and would love to try Clinique's powder cleanser with pure vit C... 

What do you think of this Vit C trend? Have you tried any products that you loved?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig