*Comparisons and Reviews

Friday 3 March 2017

Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Lashes Mascara vs Charlotte Tilbury Full Fat Lashes Mascara

I love Charlotte Tilbury. Every beauty blogger/makeup enthusiast loves Charlotte Tilbury. Her lipsticks, eyeshadow quads, powders, even skincare is great. However. The mascaras are... meh.
I think when it comes to mascara this applies to a lot of luxury makeup brands because high street mascaras are pretty much equal in quality if not better and at a fraction of cost.

Now mascaras just like anything else depends on personal preferences and the type of lashes they have. I have straight, thin and blond lashes and there's a lot of them. They are soft and they easily hold their shape if curled. I like lengthening, separating and buildable mascaras. If they manage to lift and slightly curl my lashes, that's a big bonus.

stock photos from charlottetilbury.com
Charlotte Tilbury offers two mascaras in her range. Full Fat Lashes (£23) and Legendary Lashes (£25). After reading the descriptions and reviews on her website I opted to purchase the Full Fat Lashes and selected to receive a sample of the Legendary Lashes.

I hate having several mascaras on rotation so I only opened Legendary Lashes first. I hate this mascara. It's soo not for me. The mascara was too wet, I had to be super careful when applying because the brush is rather large and if I tried to get close to the roots of the lashes I would typically get stuff on my lids. And guess what. As soon as you try to wipe it off, you make it much much worse *facepalm* Application aside the Legendary Lashes didn't seem to dry down and God forbid you accidentally touch them or get teary or greasy or sweaty eyelids... You end up with raccoon eyes. Imagine if you got caught in the rain! *shudders*. Taking this mascara off was an experience in itself. It comes off easily but if you're using micellar water with cotton pad it stains, spreads and dyes the water and pads so much that I had to use 4 pads just get the stuff of my eyes (I typically use 1-2 pads in total to take eye and face makeup).

One good thing about the Legendary Lashes is that it builds up like crazy and your lashes can indeed look fake. But keeping in mind that this mascara smudges so much I would rather invest in actual fake lashes.
Brushes compared

I was slightly apprehensive to try the Full Fat Lashes. It couldn't be much worse than the Legendary ones though. Again at first I didn't like the wetness of the mascara and the brush seemed quite similar to the Legendary Lashes. However if the mascara went on my lids it was easy to wipe and it didn't smudge THAT much. It still smudged a bit. I blame my oily eyelids or the fact that I almost never use powder. I do like waterproof formulas.

Full Fat Lashes coats lashes while separating and lengthening them. Mascara is buildable and it never clumps lashes. They indeed look full and fat but naturally so, not fake or spidery.

If Charlotte Tilbury made waterproof version of Full Fat Lashes I would happily repurchase. For now though, I will finish the tube I own, bin the Legendary Lashes and probably go back to trying new high street mascaras. There's so many to choose from!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig