*Comparisons and Reviews

Saturday 8 April 2017

The Ordinary "Buffet" serum review


Apologies for a grainy image!
Sigh, after a month of use, I don't know what to say about this serum!

The Ordinary's "Buffet" is a multi-technology peptide serum that targets multiple signs of ageing at once.

The technologies are Matrixyl 3,000 peptide complex (with palmitoyl-pentapeptide 35), Matrixyl Synthe'6 peptide complex (with palmitoyl tripeptide-38), Syn-Ake peptide complex (with dipeptide diaminobutyroyl benzylamide diacetate), Relistase peptide complex (with acetylarginyltryptophyl diphenylglycine), Argirelox peptide complex (with acetyl hexapeptide-8, pentapeptide-18), Probiotic complex (with lactococcus lactis lysate), in a base of 11 skin-friendly amino acids and multiple hyaluronic acid complexes. The total concentration of these technologies in the formula by weight is 25.1%.

It is a gloopy liquid that is slightly milky in colour. 3 drops are typically enough for my entire face and it sinks in fairly quickly but the skin is left slightly sticky. I don't mind it much. It layers well with other serums and doesn't affect makeup. No smell. I haven't noticed any irritation or negative effects on my skin. However. It's not hydrating, even though it has got HA in its' ingredients list. I still have to use a hyaluronic serum on top of it. To be honest, I haven't noticed any effect on my skin at all. Now, I am only (ha!) 30 years old so you might say I don't have a mature skin. But I am a mother to a toddler and haven't slept properly for the past 3 years, I enjoy my chocolate and coffee and an occasional cocktail so the tone and condition of my skin is not the same as it was in my early twenties. I just wish I saw any kind of improvement. But alas, nothing.

I will continue using this serum as prevention is good enough for me and I will post an update if/when I see any results.

This is the most expensive serum (except for one vit C) in The Ordinary range and it's £12.70 for 30ml.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig