*Comparisons and Reviews

Friday 4 May 2018

It Cosmetics CC vs. BareMinerals Complexion Rescue


How long I've used them: It Cosmetics is all used up, it lasted me about 7 months with almost daily use. BareMinerals I've used for 10 days.

Similarities:

They're both foundations who are trying to be more. They both offer high mineral sun protection. CC has got titanium dioxide 9.0% and zinc oxide 6.3%. BareMinerals has titanium dioxide 6.2%. Both are hydrating, suitable for dry to normal skin. However, if your skin is peeling or flaky, they both will accentuate the dry patches. Gently exfoliate! They both look natural, don't oxidise, both make the skin glowy which can become shiny during the day (so keep a powder nearby), don't last for the whole day (which is fine, because I imagine you'd want to top up your spf during the day anyways).

Differences:

It Cosmetics CC Cream offers only 7 shades (mine is in Light), BareMinerals gel offers 16. CC cream is much thicker in texture, it looked most natural when applied with a makeup sponge or fingers. I could not build it to a full coverage because it is quite thick and would look cakey in real life. BareMinerals on the other hand is lightweight, spreads very easily and sheer. Applies well with fingers, especially if you want more than sheer coverage. BareMinerals layers better and doesn't cake so you can easily top up during the day. I also found that during a really hot day when I don't like layers upon layers of skincare and makeup (it will melt off my face anyways) I could wear BareMinerals just over a serum, it was that hydrating.

Packaging: It Cosmetics CC cream comes in a tube with a pump. In time the silver paint starts to come off and it's annoying and doesn't look great. BareMinerals comes in a squeezy tube.

Pricing: CC cream is £30 for 32ml and BareMinerals is £28 for 35ml. My guess is that I will go through BeraMinerals tube much faster due to its' sheerness.

Overall, both products are excellent at what they do. My skin tends to behave better during summer, it becomes less dry so I require less coverage. CC cream also feels a bit too thick for summertime, but I like its' almost protective thickness during winter. Do I need SPF50 while living in the UK? Probably not, but I don't really mind.

Have you tried any of these foundations? Did you like them or do you have a product that is so much better than these? I'm tempted to try Origins tinted moisturiser with SPF40 next. Let me know in the comments.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig